Introducing Kure Bazaar
The French Girl, Non-Toxic Nail Care Line
When it comes to toxic beauty products, nail polish has traditionally been a serious, repeat offender. For decades, nail polishes were formulated with ingredients such as Formaldehyde (which is classified as a human carcinogen), Toluene (which is irritating to the skin, eyes, and respiratory tract), and Dibutyl Phthalate (which can cause birth defects or other reproductive harm), while acetone-based polish removers (a powerful chemical solvent) dehydrate the nails, causing splitting and peeling. Thankfully, today there is a new generation of three-free nail care brands formulated without this toxic trio that offers high performance, chip-resistant formulations–then there is Kure Bazaar.
Founded by Christian David, a fashion industry veteran with decades of experience at prestige brands such as Christian Dior and Sisley, Kure Bazaar offers of-the-moment colors, base coats, and topcoats that are up to 90% bio-sourced and 12-Free (meaning free from the aforementioned Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate as well as Synthetic Camphor, TPHP, Paraben, Xylene, Styrene, Benzophenone-1,-3, Nano Color, Octocrylene). The remaining 10% is of synthetic origin, giving the varnish a fantastic durability and gloss, while also making it quick-drying.
Kure Bazaar offers of-the-moment colors, base coats, and topcoats that are up to 90% bio-sourced and 12-Free
Launched in 2009, the Paris-based nail care brand was born out of extensive research and technological innovation, allowing them to replace toxic chemicals found in traditional nail polishes with natural ingredients such as cotton, wood pulp, corn, potatoes, and wheat, all without compromising on quality.
“Sustainability is at the core of our mission” says David. “We provide guilt-free and eco-friendly nail polish products that align with these principles. The formulas are enriched with bio-sourced ingredients like Bamboo and Lemon extract, Castor Oil and Vitamin E that not only promote a more environmentally friendly approach but also nurture the health of your nails.”
The formulas are enriched with ingredients like Bamboo and Lemon extract, Castor Oil and Vitamin E that nurture the health of your nails
When it comes to color, Kure’s deep ties with the fashion industry provide the inspiration for its chic range of shades (the brand is a favorite with editorial nail artists and has graced the nails of models in Stella McCartney, Céline, and Balenciaga’s runway shows, to name a few). “Our colors are like a fashion accessory,” says David.
In addition to polishes, Kure Bazaar also offers clean nail care products, one such being a Rose Infusion Cuticle Oil that contains a blend of ten organic oils including Castor, Sweet Almond, Hazelnut, and Jojoba to replenish moisture and comfort fragile skin. Another is an acetone- and essential oil-free nail polish remover that is crafted with a trio of natural solvents–sugar cane, wheat, and maize—to dissolve polish with ease.
Here, our Kure Bazaar must-haves for the perfect mani.